Who really wants to hear the truth? Depending on what truthful statement you are making or to whom you are making the truthful statement to, will decide if we can except it or reject it. Hearing the hard facts is can sometimes be painful – and collaborating on them can be even harder. So, to all that may read this blog – and to all who will run away because of the title – I wish you the strength, courage and perseverance to always speak the truth of the matter.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009


A Happy 13th Wedding Anniversary


Goodness this husband of mine for 13 years can be a little boring at times! I thought it would be nice to go out Friday or Saturday night with some close friends of ours to welcome them in our celebration of our wedding anniversary …. He (the husband) said no. I thought he wanted to do something – anything just to get out of the house and mingle with other people. Guess not – LOL
Now usually, I like the idea of just me and him, going for dinner and coming home; but I am not going to get a babysitter to just to go for dinner – the kids can come with us to dinner if that is all we are going to do. Friday the kids have school and we will pretty much be alone for 7 hours to do as we please. We will probably go to the gym, have some smoothies, come home and have “marital relations”, sleep, and go out for dinner with the kids. Maybe even go see a movie (aliens vs. monsters). And that sounds good to me. I just want to know if he does want to do anything, he needs to let me know by 10pm tonight! Yes, I am a planner. I hate making last minute plans.
He is a man, and men can just plan stuff when they want –women on the other hand, need a couple of days in advance to get a Sitter, plan our wardrobe and figure out if we need to do a little shopping, make a hair appointment, make sure we have all make up products available, shave …… and the list goes on!
Men on the other hand will get a phone call and on the other end the person will ask “what you got going on tonight?” And they reply, “nothing – want to go out?” That’s the end of the conversation with the answer being “yeah, sure.” 5 minutes later they go out!
We have been married for 13 years – been together for 17 years (dated for 4) We are high school sweethearts, so he should know me by now! OMG – who am I kidding?!

Men are men, my husband is my husband and he will never change, and I love him for that.
The truth of the matter is, no matter how much we may disagree, cause each other headaches, or how much we are total opposites of each other (personality) I wouldn’t have it any other way!

No comments: