Who really wants to hear the truth? Depending on what truthful statement you are making or to whom you are making the truthful statement to, will decide if we can except it or reject it. Hearing the hard facts is can sometimes be painful – and collaborating on them can be even harder. So, to all that may read this blog – and to all who will run away because of the title – I wish you the strength, courage and perseverance to always speak the truth of the matter.

Monday, December 22, 2008

How Much Did You Spend?

Only 3 more shopping days before Christmas and the deals are unbelievable at the stores! Retailers are desperately trying to lure shoppers in the doors to spend more!

This year may have been the worst year ever as far as Christmas Shopping/Gift giving is concerned.
According to CNN, 81% of consumers say they will spend less this year. http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/business/2008/12/22/dcl.romans.retailers.edgy.cnn?iref=videosearch
I finished my shopping the day after Thanksgiving, and I refuse to buy anymore gifts. I need to save and bills still need to be paid! People are getting laid off, borrowing money from thier 401K and homes are foreclosed. We have had a major grocery store close here in the Rockford area! A Grocery Store!

More than ever people are understanding that Christmas is to be celebrated through out the year, not just once a year. America had forgotten what Christmas is all about. As Charlie Brown said- 'Christmas has gotten too commercialized!' Unfortunately because of this bad economy- people are more focus this year on the true meaning of Christmas.

The retailers are nervouse because of the economy and the bad weather in the Midwest and northeast. There are some very appealing deals out there for those who are able to spend a little more. I almost bought my two kids three major movies at $10 each. I quickly put them back when I found out how much Christmas Dinner cost! No, I DID NOT put them on my credit card or took out extra money from savings.... I put them b-a-c-k! I used the $30 to buy a ham.

No comments: